WHY THE NEED FOR CLEAN
OUR INGREDIENT POLICY
- Paraben & SLS free
- Synthetic fragrance free
- Synthetic preservative free
- Petrochemical/Mineral oil free
- Cruelty free/not animal tested
- Microbead/polyethylene free
- Ingredients that are; natural, certified organic, wild harvested or bio-dynamic
- Free from other known and commonly used toxic ingredients & safe to use!
THE INGREDIENTS WE’LL NEVER ALLOW NEAR YOUR SKIN
Here are just some of the known toxic cosmetic ingredients you’ll find in the mainstream brands that you will never see in our products we stock:
- Alkylphenol ethoxylates (APEs)
- DEA (diethanolamine)
- Formaldehyde (and formaldehyde carriers and releasers DMDM hydantoin, imidazolidinyl urea, diazolindinyl urea, quanternuim-15, bronopol, 5-bromo-5-nitro 1,3 dioxane, hydroxymethylglycinate)
- MEA (monoethanolamine)
- Mineral oil
- Octinoxate (Octy-Methoxycinnamate)
- Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3)
- Parabens (methyl-, isobutyl-, propyl- and others)
- Phthalates (DBP, DEHP, DEP and others)
- Polyethylene glycol (PEG’s)
- Retinyl palmitate and Retinol (Vitamin A)
- Sodium polyacrylate SLS/SLES (sodium lauryl/laureth sulfates)
- Synthetic fragrance/parfum
- TEA (triethanolamine)
- VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds)
We have seen other similar stores unwittingly misleading customers by stocking only some of a brand's safe products, therefore leading customers to believe that every product under that brand name is safe. To avoid this misunderstanding we only stock brands whose entire product line is 100% toxin-free.*
SOTW supports brands that use sustainable practices and those who give back to the environment and the community. Read all about our curated list of brands on OUR BRANDS page.
Each and every shipment to you is carbon neutral, as our delivery service, Sendle, invest in certified environmental initiatives to offset the impact of shipping. Saints of the Wild ship all our purchases in environmentally friendly packaging that can easily be composted or recycled. Sustainability of our precious earth is one of our core values.
*Currently ALDER NY, ROHR REMEDY, PEOPLE4OCEAN and SALT & STONE are phasing Phenoxyethanol out of their entire product range due to the latest advice from ECOCERT on this ingredient not being safe to use. For this reason we are able to stock these brands, however, we do not sell any of the products in their line that currently contain this controversial preservative.